If you have never considered the option of making use of a storage unit and have always thought that they are dark and dingy places where your precious possessions are not safe, it is time to think again. Our self-storage units at Stop & Store in Fareham are easily accessible. They are clean, dry, and secure, ensuring the safe storage of your precious business or personal items.
Why would you need self-storage?
There are many good reasons to consider self-storage:
- When you need a secure environment to either store goods or to use as an office or workspace outside of your home but do not necessarily want the commitment of a lease on an office, a self-storage unit could be perfect for your needs.
- To store excess furniture and other household goods when you are downsizing or waiting to move into your new home, and you don’t wish to dispose of anything.
- To set up an office away from home at this time of so many people having to work from home. Your house may be too small to accommodate a home office, or you may find it difficult to concentrate on work when you are surrounded by household activities.
- To set up a secure depot for your on-line shop where you can store your goods and pack them for dispatch. The fact that these storage units at Stop & Store are accessible during long access hours is ideal if you do not follow traditional office hours in your business.
- Many people have lost their jobs due to the devastation that covid-91 has had on economies, so a secure storage unit may be the perfect place to set up a workroom for a new business as there are no long term leases to lock you in. It is not always ideal to work from home. This would be ideal to set up a sewing or tailoring business or even an art studio or photographic studio.
- A storage unit is a practical solution for keeping items that you hardly ever use or use once a year, like Christmas decorations, and bulky items that take up precious space in your home or garage like camping equipment, seasonal stuff like ski equipment and other sporting goods.
How do you choose a Self-Storage Unit?
Here are some considerations to take into account when you are choosing a self-storage facility for your household or business items.
- Self-storage facility must be conveniently positioned for easy access. It needs to be accessible by road with enough suitable parking to ensure easy offloading of boxes or other items to be stored in the units.
- One of the most crucial considerations when choosing a facility is the safety and security measures they have in place. Security needs to be state of the art to prevent anything from happening to your belongings. Monitored CCTV, restricted access and obviously each unit has a lock is what we offer at Stop & Store, Fareham, ensuring our facility is fully secured and your unit is safe. Our centre has 24/7 manned security for your peace of mind.
- Customer service and experience should be as efficient and simple as possible with enquiries being dealt with speedily. Paperwork should be kept to a minimum so that once you have made a reservation for a unit, you do not waste time with tedious steps to follow and can access your unit as soon as you are ready. At Stop & Store, Fareham we offer a space calculator on our website which will help you calculate which size storage unit will suit you best. We realise that calculating how many square feet you will need for your belongings is difficult for most people to imagine, so when you give us your information as to what you wish to store our space calculator will do the rest.
- At Stop & Store Fareham Self Storage, we offer unit sizes from 12 to 200 square feet. These different sizes of storage units cater for all needs and you are sure to be able to find one perfect for your requirements.
- Hours of operation are important. At Stop & Store Fareham Self Storage units you can gain access seven days a week, so whenever you need access, you are able to gain entry.
- You don’t necessarily want to get locked into a contract, so check that you can use your unit for short- or long-term rental. At Stop & Store Fareham we have no lock-in contracts. We offer specials and reductions on our rates so contact us to find out about our latest specials.
- Vermin and pest control must be a priority as no one wants their boxes containing their household or office goods being invaded by any sort of pest. These unwanted invaders can cause damage to furniture and other valuable items, so it is essential to ensure that the storage area is pest free and there are preventative measures in place.
- Check reviews online or on the website of the self-storage company as it is important to see what customers have to say about a particular company.
At Stop & Store in Fareham we have made the health and safety of our customers and staff a priority during this time of Covid-19 pandemic. The way our storage units are set up allows for safe social distancing while you make use of our facility.
Our units vary in size from 12 – 200 square feet. If you are unsure about which size unit would work best for you, our staff can help with making your choice. You can book your unit online or by calling us over the phone. If you wish to view a storage unit in person, book a visit online and a staff member can show you around the facility remotely. We will give you a temporary access code and guide you around our premises by using our CCTV system. This enables you to visit and book a unit without any face to face contact.
We apply social distancing guidelines throughout Stop & Store. We operate 12 hours a day, 7 days a week so it is unlikely that there will be many customers on site at the same time that you wish to visit.