A storage facility is never something you give much thought to until you run into a problem of where to store your excess belongings or goods when you have an emergency situation in your life.
Here are some of the times in your life when you may need to consider using a storage facility.
- If you are working from home due to COVID-19 you will need a dedicated workspace to get the job done. It is very difficult to keep our focus on work and all that it entails, including online meetings with clients and colleagues, when the only space you have is a corner of the dining room table. Thus an organised space which is quiet, and where you can keep your computer and your paperwork becomes essential. Not every home has a dedicated study, so the best arrangement for a home office could be to clear out a spare bedroom to make way for your desk, chair, and any other office furniture and equipment to keep you organised and productive. You will need to find space for the furniture that needs moving. Making use of a storage facility may be the best option for you while you clear this space for your home office. No one can tell how long these Covid-19 restrictions will last so you may be working from home for the foreseeable future. Our storage units at Stop & Store Fareham may suit you perfectly as they can be rented for as long as you need to keep your spare furniture safely out of the way without creating clutter in the rest of your house.
- As a student, you are probably taking classes online due to the pandemic, and you need to keep your papers and books organised. Nothing will put you into a spin quicker than if you cannot find a textbook to study for an upcoming test, so you need to organise a dedicated space that is quiet. A storage facility could be the perfect solution for when a space has to be cleared at home to make way for the family member who is studying this way and needs more than a makeshift study in the dining room or living room. They need a more permanent solution if they are to study and pass exams remotely.
- A storage facility can be very useful when moving to a new house. The new house may be smaller than the present house, or the occupation date of the new home may not coincide with the date that one needs to vacate the old home. There is a huge problem of what to do with furniture and belongings, so a self-storage unit is an option. Our units at Stop & Store Fareham are a cost-effective way of ensuring that your belongings and furniture are safely stored for as long as they need to be.
- Our storage facility is also very useful as a place to store furniture and belongings when dealing with the deceased estate of a relative and there is a house full of furniture that has to be organised and distributed to the beneficiaries. This is a very emotional time for everyone, and it can take a long time for an estate to be wound up. In the meantime, a self storage unit can be used to keep valuable antiques and other furniture safely until they can either be sold or distributed to family members.
- During the pandemic there has been more and more online buying as social distancing became the norm, high street shops closed down, and people were encouraged to remain at home. If you have started an online business during the lockdown, a storage facility is a perfect place to operate an online business from. There is no long lease to sign and get locked into, no hefty rental deposits, and it is easy to move to a larger or smaller unit if the need arises. There is enough space to receive, pack, and dispatch items. Your goods remain safe as we have stringent security including CCTV surveillance and strict access control.
How Stop & Store Fareham can help you
At Stop & Store Fareham we have the storage facility that can assist with all your self storage needs, whether you need to store something for a month or for much longer. It is a much more practical solution to your storage problems than trying to find extra storage space in your home or garage.
Our storage facility is completely secured. We offer monitored CCTV, an intruder alarm, and our units are individually alarmed. You can rest assured that your precious belongings are safe from burglary.
Our state-of-the-art operating system enables you to apply for a unit online, and once you have paid, we email you your access code. You are then ready to start using your storage unit using your individual PIN code. It is as easy as that. Stop and Store Fareham is open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm.
Our units vary in size from 12 sq ft to 200 sq ft, and there is a handy space calculator that will help you choose the perfect sized unit for you.
The units are safe, dry, pest controlled and ideal for the purpose of storing any of your excess items.
No contract needs to be signed and you can hire storage space from 1 month to as long as you need, and if you move your goods in the middle of a month, you pay a pro rate. So whether you need a short term or long-term rental to store your goods, we have the solution for you.
Our storage facility is conveniently situated in the Fareham Shopping Centre, in the heart of the town, with easy access to load and unload your goods.
Tel: 01329 556174