A personal storage unit is something to consider when you need extra space to keep your spare belongings safely and out of harms way. You may be moving to a smaller apartment or house and need to find storage space for those items that will not fit into your new place. Putting them in storage for a brief time will give you a chance to decide whether to get rid of them permanently, or whether you need to hang onto them just in case you need them at some stage in the future.
Personal Storage for Your Seasonal Possessions
It is the end of summer, you have enjoyed your holidays, but now life needs to get back to normal, children are back at school, and it is time for you to get back to your normal routine. Take stock of the extra things you have used over the last few months to make your holiday time more enjoyable. If you are a family who enjoy camping, you may have acquired some new equipment and gadgets in order to upgrade your camping to glamping, but now you need a place to keep this extra holiday equipment. If you have run out of space at home, consider hiring a self storage unit to solve this problem. Camping equipment is expensive, it is bulky and difficult to store at home. It is preferable to keep your equipment in one place as it is frustrating when you need to use it again, and you find some vital piece is missing. A self storage unit can solve this problem, and it will keep these items safely and in good condition ready for your next holiday.
There are also the trappings that make a holiday memorable such as bikes, hiking boots, and other items that you may only use during the warmer weather. These can also be stored in your personal storage unit. At Stop & Store Fareham we have a variety of units ranging in size from small to very large, and you can be sure to find one that is the perfect fit for you to keep your goods.
Our clothes are seasonal, and with the change of seasons, you need to find space to store your summer gear. If your cupboards at home are already packed to capacity a self storage unit can be a lifesaver when you are looking for space to store these seasonal personal belongings. This will prevent the scenario of your stuff cluttering up your home and will enable you to keep your home and your cupboards organised.
Some Tips on How to Pack Your Belongings
These seasonal belongings need to be packed up carefully so that they are not damaged whilst in storage.
- Camping goods such as tents and everything associated with them must be kept together so that when you need to retrieve them, you will find everything in the correct place. Use decent quality packaging materials to wrap them up properly. Wrap fragile items in bubble wrap or packing paper, and tape them up securely.
- When packing goods into boxes, don’t make them too heavy. Pack smart by not mixing up your items randomly and remember to label your boxes to make it easier for you to find any item should you need to come in and fetch it while it is in storage.
- Plastic bags are not ideal to pack your goods in as over time these can tear open and leave your stuff all over the floor.
- Pack seasonal clothing in labelled boxes and keep an inventory of what you have packed away. Place heavy boxes at the bottom of a pile as light boxes will collapse if they have a heavy load on them.
- Pack your dresses, suits, jackets, and other clothes by hanging them on a clothing rail on wheels rather than folding them up into a box. Not only will this mean that your clothes are not creased but it will also make unpacking them much easier.
- When you are packing items like quad bikes or bicycles follow instructions from the experts as to how to store them so that they do not get damaged. Google is your best friend for this.
- Something to remember when you are packing stuff into your storage unit is to put the boxes with the stuff you are less likely to need at the back of the unit, and items that you most probably will need sooner at the front.
- Take advantage of the vertical space by packing boxes on top of each other. You could even add shelves along the walls to increase your storage space.
Please make sure that you only pack clean, dry goods to prevent mildew and mould forming. Give your seasonal camping gear and any related goods a good clean before you pack them away. Make sure there is nothing perishable hidden anywhere as this will rot and smell terrible and attract pests and other vermin that you definitely don’t need infesting your unit.
Why Choose Stop & Store Fareham for Personal Storage?
At Stop & Store Fareham we can solve the problem of storing your personal belongings. Rather than trying to find the extra storage space in your home or garage we offer practical solutions to your storage problems.
- Our storage facility is completely secured, so even if you are storing valuable items, you can rest assured that your precious belongings are safe from burglary. Our facility is covered by monitored CCTV cameras, as well as an intruder alarm.
- Our booking system is simple to use. Book and pay online, receive your individual PIN code, and access your unit. It is as easy as that. Stop and Store Fareham is open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm.
- Our units vary in size from 12 sq ft to 200 sq ft, and there is a handy space calculator on our website that will help you choose the perfect sized unit for your needs.
- Our units are safe, dry and secure, ideal for the purpose of storing any of your seasonal items.
- So whether you need a short term or long-term rental to store your belongings, we can assist you.
Our storage facility is conveniently situated in the Fareham Shopping Centre, in the heart of the town, with convenient road access and we are user-friendly to make the loading and unloading of your goods as easy as possible.
Tel: 01329 556174