The festive season is upon us as is evident in the shop window displays, the colourful presentations of toys in the stores, and the seasonal foods on offer in our supermarkets. Christmas decorations are on display everywhere, and kids of all ages get caught up in the hype. This year is particularly special as Christmas had been cancelled for the past two years as we faced lockdowns of varying degrees, but finally this year we can travel, shop, and socialise freely. self storage
While you make your plans for the Christmas season and begin your shopping, you may be the one planning to host your family members for the day. This may involve guests sleeping over or staying for a few days as well as extra people on the day, so you will need to get your house organised for the influx of visitors.
Why Would You Rent a Self Storage Unit for the Christmas Period?
- Make room for your guests. For many of us, the whole point of Christmas is seeing family and friends that we may not have seen for a while. We, therefore, need to make space for them in our homes. If you are hosting Christmas Day you will need to make space for extra tables and chairs. If there are unused items cluttering up the space you intend to use for entertaining, these need to be cleared away and stored somewhere. You may have set up your dining room as your home office during the time that you have been working from home, so to turn it back into a dining room, you need to find somewhere to keep your office furniture and equipment. Renting a storage unit can solve this problem. All you need to do is to take the stuff that you will not be needing over the festive season and place it in your storage unit for a few weeks over Christmas.
- The same applies to the random items that may be cluttering up your guest rooms. You may not have had any house guests for a few years but now that is changing as we can travel anywhere. Your spare rooms may have been used for other purposes such as a home gym, or they may have become a dumping ground for your excess items. Sort through these and get rid of any items you no longer need. Otherwise for the ones that you want to keep, place them in your self storage unit to free up space in your house over the festive season.
- Playing host to our families at Christmas usually entails some staying for the day, but often it means having people to stay over for a few days. If they live far away, they may even stay for a few weeks. People arrive with bags, gifts for everyone, and other belongings, so it feels as if your house is filling up very quickly with excited family members, kids, and even their dogs. Finding somewhere to put these things means that you may have to use a self storage unit to create space, even if it is for the short term.
- Where do you plan to place your large Christmas tree? Trees always look smaller when you buy them, but when you need to put it into place, it seems too big and can make the space look cluttered. You will most probably need to move some of your furniture out of the way to rearrange your room. Keeping the non-essential furniture items in your storage unit will free up some extra space. This makes it easier for everyone to move around and as an added bonus, your room will look tidier, uncluttered, and way more inviting to your guests.
- Your Christmas decorations and lights all look lovely when they are put up, but where do you keep them when they come down in early January. A good place to store them is in your self storage unit where they will be kept safely until you need them the following Christmas. The same applies to any seasonal décor items.
- The problem of hiding Christmas gifts where your kids won’t find them can also become a problem. Everyone loves a gift, and ideally it should be kept as a surprise, so you don’t want them finding their gifts before the time. Hiring a self storage unit is one way of keeping their presents safely out of the way.
- If you shop online for gifts at this time of the year you may have a problem with taking receipt of your parcels as you are not always at home, so hire a storage unit at Stop & Store Fareham and keep those gifts locked away.
Why Use Stop & Store Fareham?
Our storage facility is centrally situated and offers easy road or rail access to our customers.
We offer our customers a wide range of unit sizes, from 10sq ft right up to 200sq ft, so you will find the right sized unit for your needs. If you find that you want to change the size of the unit you are renting, we are flexible about this and can help you.
You can rent a unit for as long or as short as you like, so whether you need it just for the few weeks of the festive season, or for the entire year, we can assist you.
The security at our facility is top of the range, with a 24/7 monitored CCTV system, a well lit exterior, and intruder alarms. You can rest assured that your goods will be safe whilst they are in our care.
We have a simple speedy booking process, which will give you quick access to your unit upon payment. We send you your individual PIN code for access, and you can begin using your self storage unit immediately.
For easy, affordable self storage at Christmas time, please contact us. We are centrally situated in Thackeray Mall, in Unit C on the first floor in Fareham. This storage facility is well situated to serve the communities of Fareham, Porchester, and the surrounding areas.
Please check our website for reviews left by our customers.
Please contact us at 01329 556 174 for more information.