When there is a momentous occasion about to occur in your life, for example if you are preparing to welcome your newborn baby, you will need to make space in your home to accommodate the new arrival. This will involve reprioritizing how you use space in your home when you decide to change a spare bedroom into a nursery for the new baby. It is quite a realization to discover how much baby stuff a new born needs!
There may not be enough space in your present home to accommodate all the new baby stuff as well as what you already have. One way of solving this problem is to move to a bigger home, but if this is not a feasible option, you may have to consider a self storage unit at Stop & Store Fareham. This means that you will be able to hang onto your old furniture until such time that you are able to move to a larger place when you will need it again.
Babies soon outgrow some of this equipment like cribs, prams, and changing tables, but if you are planning to have more children it makes sense to make use of your self storage unit and store these items until you need them again. This will save you the considerable expense of buying everything again.
As these babies grow up the baby stuff gets replaced with toys, toys, and more toys. These can cause any home to become seriously cluttered and one of the ways to solve this problem is to dedicate a space in your home to be used as a playroom and a place to store these toys. Here again, a self storage unit can solve the problem of where to put the contents of the room you wish to change to a playroom. You may also find that the storage unit will solve the problem of where to store toys that the older child may have outgrown, but you wish to keep for the younger ones. Toys are expensive and putting them in storage instead of replacing them makes sense.
This leads to the problem of allowing our living areas to become cluttered and untidy when we seem to have too much stuff everywhere, and what we can do about it.
Keeping our Living Spaces Uncluttered
Spending more time at home because of the pandemic and lockdown rules means that we are not only working from home, but we also have to support our family members that need to be educated online, and also keeping younger members entertained. This probably means that you have acquired more stuff over the last two years. These goods need to be stored somewhere.
Unfortunately a cluttered home affects your stress levels and even your mental wellbeing and personal happiness. So it is worth making the effort to organise your home which in turn will lead to a more organised life.
These are some of the ways that decluttering can help you by making your life easier, and you will recognize the change immediately.
- Less to clean, dust, and tidy away. With fewer possessions your home will be easier to clean, and there will be less to put away.
- Less stress in your life. Clutter can cause irritability as you feel that all you do with your time is tidying up and cleaning. You may feel shame with your surroundings and are reluctant to have visitors as you feel your home is never tidy enough. By decluttering you will solve these negative emotions.
- Use your energy positively to do more fun things rather than using it all up on worrying about the drudgery of chores. It will help to motivate you if you realise that your life will be better when you start some of these changes.
Start this process of decluttering your home by being realistic about what you can achieve and start small. It is not something that you can do overnight, and it is important that you do not feel overwhelmed by what you have to do.
As you work through your belongings, make the three piles of “Keep”, “Donate”, “Throw Out” to start organising this process. Your ‘keep’ pile will consist of items of sentimental value, as well as those items mentioned above that you will need one day. These can be stored in your self storage unit. You can also use your unit to store your seasonal clothes, holiday equipment, and Christmas décor, in fact, anything that you use for only a few months of the year.
Your ‘throw out’ pile will consist of all items that you can recycle and would include electronics and devices that you no longer have any use for.
Your ‘donate’ pile can include those items that you may wish to sell online as well as those you wish to donate to your favourite charity. These are ways that you can pass on the benefit of items in good condition that you no longer have any use for.
How Hiring a Self Storage unit at Stop & Store Fareham Can Help You Declutter Your Home
At Stop & Store Fareham we offer you a solution to the problem of what to do with that furniture and those belongings when you reprioritize a space in your house. If you are intent on decluttering it is so much easier to store your goods in a self storage unit than trying to find an extra corner of storage space at home.
- Our storage facility is fully secured with monitored CCTV and intruder alarms, so you can rest assured that your belongings are safe from theft.
- Our state-of-the-art operating system is simple and smart. Book and pay and we send you your individual PIN code which enables you to access your storage unit immediately.
- Our units vary in size from 12 sq ft to 200 sq ft, they are safe, dry, pest controlled and ideal for the purpose of storing any of your excess items.
- No contract needs to be signed and you can hire storage space from 1 month to as long as you need, and if you move your goods in the middle of a month, you pay a pro-rate.
- So whether you need a short term or long-term rental to store your goods, we have the solution for you.
We are located in the Fareham Shopping Centre, in the heart of the town. Stop and Store is open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm.
Tel: 01329 556174