Moving into your first apartment can be an intimidating process. So here are few tips to help during your move.
- Make sure you update your mail and driver’s license to reflect your new address.
- Moving can be a great time to sort through your belongings and decide what you want to keep. As you’re packing, set out a donate box and a trash box to help organize the items you won’t be taking to your new apartment.
- Gather all the supplies you’ll need ahead of time. These can be friends to help move, a utility trolley for heavy boxes, a forearm forklift for moving furniture and moving blankets to protect the carpet.
- Go through every room of your apartment and check for damage. Look at the floor, panes, blinds and plumbing and make sure they are all in good condition. If they aren’t, take photos of the damage and notify your landlord immediately.
- If you’re moving into an apartment in a busy city, check ahead of time where you can park before you begin to unload boxes.
- Avoid staining or damaging the floors while you move in with a sheeting or moving blankets