If you are running your business from home and find that you are being overwhelmed by the amount of merchandise or stock that you are required to hold you need to consider the best alternatives for storing your goods.
Traditional storage solutions such as hiring space in a warehouse would be one of the options for you to consider. To hire such a space would require you to sign a long-term lease, with an initial down payment of a deposit equal to or greater than a month’s rental, as well as additional charges for utilities. Once your lease is signed, you cannot end it early, downsize or upsize depending on how your business fares. These costs will increase your overheads and ultimately affect the price of doing business.
A much smarter option is to use a self-storage facility. Stop & Store Fareham offers a flexible solution to your storage problems. Whether you need to store documents and paperwork, keep your office furniture safely out of the way while you redecorate your offices, or you need a safe place to keep your merchandise, one of our storage units is a cost effective, secure and convenient option.
What Sort of Commercial Customers Use Self-Storage?
- Businesses are required to store official documents for at least six years. Professional companies such as building surveyors, solicitors and accountants are all required to archive their paperwork. These documents have to be kept safely and instead of taking up valuable, expensive office space, a self-storage facility is a cost-effective option.
- Storing merchandise and excess stock in a storage unit will save you money by making do with a smaller office and less security as the per sq ft rental cost of a storage unit is less than that of a commercial property. This translates into savings on rental, insurance, and utilities.
- If you are a small business, you can use your storage unit as a distribution centre to receive, store, pick and pack products to ship to your customers. More and more businesses are selling on Amazon and eBay, so it makes commercial sense to operate from a storage unit rather than rent retail or office space. Your deliveries can be accepted on your behalf, so you need not be physically present all the time.
- Storage units around the country are used by national appliance maintenance companies to store spare parts and specialised tools. This enables the machine and appliance engineers’ easy access to spares and tools for their repairing businesses.
- Photographers and printing companies can store their spare canvasses and other stock near to where their concessions are in shopping centres. This can apply to other holders of concessions in Fareham such as clothing retailers, hair salons and any other business that need the convenience of secure storage nearby as Shop & Store is close to the shopping centre.
- Freelancers or people that work from a van such as decorators, painters, garden service providers, electricians and other tradesmen can use a storage unit as a secure base from which to operate. It allows them to store their tools and working materials safely. They only need to pack the essential materials for a particular job, which not only makes their operation more efficient and organised, but could also mean being able to use a smaller cheaper van without having to carry unnecessary tools and materials to every job.
- Self-storage is an ideal solution for those who need storage for their merchandise that they sell at markets or at pop-up stores. The ease of packing and unpacking into your unit will be important for this type of self-storage. You would also need to be able to access your unit over weekends
- Clothing wholesalers need a place to keep their collections safely in a clean environment before shipping them out to retailers. A self-storage unit is ideal for this purpose, as it can be used for seasonal collections, and if there is no stock, you can give up the unit, and then hire again when you need it for the new season’s collections.
Benefits of Using Stop & Store Fareham
Our self-storage facility is centrally located in the Fareham Shopping Centre in the heart of the town. We offer easy access to load and unload your goods.
- Our operating system is focused on making the customer experience as simple and efficient as possible, from the time of your initial enquiry, to your reservation and move. Once you have reserved your unit, we email you your access code and you are good to go.
- No contract is required, and you can shut your storage unit with just fourteen days’ notice. If you join during the month, you pay a pro rate for the rest of the month. You can lease one of our units from one month to as long as you need.
- No deposit required. Unlike traditional warehousing where you have to put down a hefty deposit which may affect your cash flow, our self-storage units do not require a deposit.
- Our units vary in size from 12 sq ft to 200 sq ft, so whatever you need to store, we have the correct size for you. If you find you need more space, or if you need to downsize your unit, we offer the flexibility of making the swop with no penalties.
- Our units are modern, lockable, steel partitioned rooms.
- We offer specials on units so please check on our website www.stopandstorefareham.co.uk for our latest offers.
- Our storage units have state-of-the-art security systems, monitored CCTV and intruder alarms, so you can rest assured that your goods are safe.
- You have an access pin number to the units which allows you admittance from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week.
- Our central location in the Fareham Shopping Centre makes our units a convenient place for storing excess stock for any stores in the shopping centre.
- We offer cost effective storage for private residents as well as businesses and students in Fareham and the surrounding areas.
Please contact us at Fareham 01329 556174 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.