A modern self storage facility offers a safe, clean, and suitable-for-purpose option to store those possessions that are not in daily use. Many of us seem to accumulate goods at a rapid rate and find that we run out of space at home to keep them. Modern houses also tend to be on the smaller side with less storage space, and if you live in an apartment there is even less space to store your goods. This has led to increasing numbers of people turning to self storage to gain the extra space they need to store these extra items that we all seem to collect.
Why Would You Need to Use a Self Storage Facility? Storage for all Reasons
- We find at Stop & Store Fareham that the most common reason to use a self storage facility is when you move to a new address. This is often a very stressful time, more especially so if the move in date and the move out date do not coincide, so you have a household of furniture that you need to put somewhere while you wait for your new house to become available. This is where a self storage faciltiy comes into its own as our facility can accommodate the contents of a three bedroomed home easily. You can store your household of belongings safely for as short or as long a time as you need.
- Before you can move to a new address you often have to sell your old house first. The agent will tell you that staging is all important in order for you to get top price for your home, and to sell it quickly. The easiest way to do this is to pack away all the clutter and the items that you do not use every day so that you can style your home effectively.
- Going through a divorce often means that you have to make quick decisions as to what to do with your belongings as one of the partners moves out of the family home. There can be a lot of uncertainty surrounding what to do with your possessions. By placing these in a self storage facility will give both parties time and space to decide what to do with them thus avoiding making an impetuous decision that you may live to regret a few months down the road.
- Carrying out renovations on your house can be chaotic especially if your builders and tradies are working in rooms which still have your furniture in them. Your favourite pieces are likely to be damaged, scratched, and dented. After all, no one is as careful with your stuff as you are. By putting them in a storage unit for the few months during renovations you can be sure that they will be safely out of the way, and when your renos are completed and you have your house back to yourself, at least your furniture will all still be in one piece.
Storage for all Seasons
Using a self storage facility to keep your seasonal clothes and other belongings safely without having to find storage space in your home which may already be filled to the brim is an option to consider when extra storage space is needed.
Here are some of the items that you will not be needing again until next winter. These items tend to be expensive and if stored carelessly, will get damaged.
- Winter holiday equipment such as skis, skates, sleds, and the clothing related to these activities.
Here are some of the seasonal items that you will be needing during Spring/Summer.
- The gardening equipment and tools you need to keep and maintain your beautiful summer garden, including your lawnmower, rakes, hedge trimmers, and other gardening tools.
- Patio furniture and swimming pool equipment.
- Items used on your summer holidays such as camping equipment, scuba diving equipment, surf boards, paddle ski’s, and bikes if you only ride those in summer. These are bulky items to store, expensive to replace, and are easily damaged.
- Sporting equipment such as golf clubs, tennis racquets and hiking equipment.
All these items can be successfully stored in your storage unit. Your belongings will be safe from theft, and you can easily access them when you need to. At the beginning of the next season you can just swop them around with the belongings from the off-season.
Why Use Stop & Store Fareham?
Our self storage facility is the perfect solution to all of your storage needs. So whether you are moving, decluttering, or storing seasonal items you can be assured that your precious belongings will be safe with us.
A self storage unit will free up space at home and is like having an extra storage room in your house. So instead of using your garage as a storage space, hire a storage unit.
- Our storage facility is fully secured with monitored CCTV and intruder alarms. You can therefore be assured that your precious belongings will be safe from burglary.
- Stop & Store Fareham is conveniently situated in the Fareham Shopping Centre which is the heart of town. We offer easy access to the units for convenient loading and off-loading.
- Our units come in various sizes from 12 sq. ft. to 200 sq. ft. to cater to any need. They are modern, steel partitioned rooms which are clean, dry, and secure.
- Rentals are available from one month to as long as you need with no contracts. Make use of our Space Calculator if you are not sure how much space you need for storage or contact us, and we can assist you.
- We offer a very simple booking system which you can do from your phone or laptop. Once we have received payment, we send you your PIN code and you can access your unit immediately.
Please contact us on 01329 556174 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check our website for customer reviews.