The best outcome when selling your house is to hope it sells quickly and for the best possible price. The longer your house is on the market, the more stressful the entire exercise becomes as you are in limbo and not able to carry on with the next stage of your life. Self Storage Clacton
What really counts is that your house is presented to potential buyers looking at its best, so it appeals to as many of them as possible, to enhance your chances of a good offer. We will discuss some tried and tested methods you can use to make selling your house as painless as possible. As will become apparent, it takes more than luck to make a successful sale.
Potential buyers will notice every flaw and fault in your house as their aim is to get a house for as little as possible. So with this in mind, touch up the paintwork, fix any leaking taps, replace a cracked windowpane, and clean up the garden. These DIY jobs need to be completed before putting your house on the market if you are to realise the top price.
Once a buyer starts imagining how their furniture would look in your house, you can be sure that they are very interested. It is therefore better that they are not distracted by the number of repairs they would have to undertake and the amount of money they would have to spend on cosmetic repairs.
Getting Your House Ready for the Market
To most people, their house is their biggest asset, so it makes sense to take a bit of time and effort to present your house in the best possible way to buyers.
- Make sure your house is as clean, tidy, and as uncluttered as possible. If your house is advertised as having a dining nook, make sure this space looks like one and not like the general dumping site where the family leave their junk.
- Once potential buyers can see how their own furniture will fit into the house you are almost home and dry with the sale. So make the spaces in your house look well-defined to make it easier for them to imagine living there.
- If you use one of your bedrooms as a study or storeroom, consider changing it back to a bedroom as research shows that this extra bedroom will add more value to your home rather than a study or storeroom.
- Consider renting one of our self-storage units at Stop & Store self storage Clacton to store any items or furniture that need to be cleared out so that your house is presented at its best by being clutter-free. You can rent our units from 1 month to as long as you like. Renting a unit is a cost-effective way of keeping your house clutter-free.
Create the Impression That Your House has Enough Storage Space
- Even if you have plenty of storage space in your home but your belongings are cluttering up your surfaces, pack them away. Messy surfaces create the impression that there isn’t enough storage in your home which could put some buyers off.
- Clear surfaces in your kitchen and bathroom give the impression of enough space, and that there is a place for everything, so put everything away.
- Pack away your seasonal clothing for storing in your self-storage unit. This will create space, because overflowing cupboards create an impression that there isn’t enough cupboard space in your house.
Create the Right Impression Self Storage Clacton
By showing your house in a way that will allow buyers to imagine themselves in the space, rather than leaving your personal belongings on display, will certainly make it easier to market. The easiest way of doing this is to depersonalize your house, making it a neutral space. Property agents will advise you that these are the sort of spaces that appeal to most buyers.
The living room, the kitchen, and the main bedroom are the rooms that can lead to the successful sale of your home and need to be presented in such a way as to appeal to as many potential buyers as possible.
How do you achieve a depersonalized home? Here are some suggestions from estate agents.
- By removing family photos from walls and surfaces, packing away dust collecting personal collections or evidence of your personal sporting memorabilia or arts and crafts materials, will go a long way to presenting the neutral canvas that will allow buyers to imagine themselves living in your house.
- Paint any dark accent walls or walls covered in busy wallpaper with a neutral colour. This will make your room appear brighter and more spacious, and besides, the accent colour or design of wallpaper may not be to everyone’s taste.
- Children’s toys lying around the house can appear very untidy and messy. Pack them away to prevent buyers from being distracted by the mess.
Our storage units at Stop & Store self storage Clacton offer you the perfect safe and secure place to store your clutter when you need to present your house in the best possible way for a quick sale with minimum fuss for the best price. Rental timelines can be as short as one month to as long as you need.
There is easy access to the units for convenient loading and off-loading. Our units, which vary in size from 12 sq. ft. to 200 sq. ft., are modern, steel partitioned rooms that are clean, dry, and secure. Make use of our Space Calculator if you are not sure how much space you need for storage or contact us, and we can assist you.
The storage facility is fully secured with monitored CCTV and intruder alarms. We offer a secure place for your belongings whilst you need storage while selling your house. Our units are accessible to you seven days a week and our hours of operation are 8 am to 8 pm for your convenience.
Please contact us on 01255 446174 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.
Click here to get directions to our location.