Spring cleaning time! With spring in the air, many of us feel the need to do a little cleaning and reorganizing in order to prepare our homes for the warmer months ahead!
Over the winter months, we tend to keep our windows closed so dirt, dust, and odours can build up on household surfaces and on curtaining and upholstery. When the days get warmer it is easier to open doors and windows to air our homes. By spring cleaning we can restore our homes back to their immaculate condition.
So, if spring cleaning is on your to-do list here are some tips to make it enjoyable rather than a chore that needs to be carried out.
Spring Cleaning List
You will be surprised how quickly and efficiently you can get the job done by using this list as a guideline.
The first thing you need to do is acquire the correct cleaning materials and equipment. Buy microfiber cloths and mops, and specialized cleaning products to make your deep clean go smoothly.
- Begin by decluttering your entire home. Store excess furniture, collectibles, and appliances that you aren’t using.
- Dust and clean all surfaces from the top down. Launder your curtains, clean blinds, doors, frames, and light fittings, and wash down walls.
- Vacuum floors and carpets. If the carpets are stained it may be worth using an industrial cleaning machine or having them professionally cleaned.
- Clean all windows and glass doors inside and out.
- Carry out simple DIY tasks as you go, such as replacing light bulbs, fixing cracked window panes, and even giving a room a quick coat of paint.
Tackle Your Spring Clean Room by Room
This seems to be the best approach to take. Begin with the rooms that require the most attention. These are normally the bathrooms and the kitchen. Clean out your pantry cupboards and fridge and get rid of the foodstuffs that are past their use-by date. Clean the inside of cupboards and your household appliances inside and out.
For a detailed room-by-room cleaning programme follow these guidelines: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/cleaning/g3345/spring-cleaning-tips/. These cover every area of your home.
Use A Self Storage Unit to Streamline Your Spring Clean
Having access to a self storage unit will greatly simplify your spring clean. Packing away some of your belongings will create more space at home as well as help you get through your cleaning schedule.
- Pack away any clutter that may have accumulated over the winter to free up cupboard space.
- Pack away those bulky winter coats, jackets, and boots into protective covers and boxes once you are sure that the worst of the winter is over, and place them in your self storage unit. If you keep these at home they will occupy the storage space that you need for your spring and summer wardrobe.
- If you plan a garage or yard sale in the spring, collect the items that you do not need anymore and store them in your self storage unit until you are ready.
- Pack away your winter sports gear such as skis, and toboggans. You now need to make way for the equipment that you require for your summer activities such as your camping and hiking gear.
Speaking of Spring Cleaning, Don’t Forget Your Self Storage Unit
If you already have a self storage unit where you keep those belongings that you don’t often need, consider giving it a spring clean. Cleaning out and decluttering your storage unit is something that you should carry out from time to time. This is a way of keeping track of what you have stored away, and deciding whether you still need everything, or are there those items that you can get rid of.
You may wonder why you kept some of the things that you did as after a while you may change your mind about what is important to keep.
You may also find something that you had forgotten about but that you need. Removing it from the storage unit will create some space.
In both these cases you get rid of extra stuff, making space in your unit to add a few more things. Or you may even be able to downsize your unit which will save you some money.
Cleaning and reorganizing your storage unit will allow you to stay on top of what you have in there. A cleaner, more organized unit will mean that the danger of your stuff being damaged is lessened. It means that if you need to visit your unit often to fetch something, you will be able to locate the item easily.
Cleaning out your storage unit each year will enable you to keep track of your stuff, throw out or donate items you no longer need, and check on the condition of the belongings in your unit making sure that there is no damage from pests or moisture.
Why Use Stop & Store Fareham for Your Personal Storage
Using one of our units to store your precious belongings will be one of the better decisions to make when you embark on a spring clean.
- One of the most important considerations to weigh up before choosing a storage unit is how safe your belongings will be. Our storage facility is fully secured with monitored CCTV, and individually alarmed with intruder alarms meaning that your belongings will be safe from theft when stored in our facility.
- Our hours of operation, which are from 8 am to 8 pm, seven days a week, offer you flexible hours if you need to access your unit.
- Our modern steel units vary in size from 12sq ft to 200sq ft so there are many sizes to choose from.
- You can hire one of our units for 1 month or for as long as you need it, and no deposit is required.
- Please read the customer reviews on our website.
We are centrally situated in Thackeray Mall, Unit C on the first floor in Fareham. Our storage facility is well-situated to serve the communities of Fareham, Porchester, and the surrounding areas.
Please contact us at 01329 556174 for more information.