If you are a sports enthusiast you know how important it is to keep your sports equipment in tip-top condition. If it is damaged in any way you are unable to perform optimally. Sports equipment is also very expensive so the last thing you want is for any of it to be damaged because it is not being stored properly.
Is your sports equipment cluttering up your entrance hall or garage, or is your spare room being used as the dumping ground? If all members of your household play sport, this equipment can take up a large amount of space.
Sports equipment is difficult to store. It can be bulky and is awkwardly shaped and rigid. But it needs to be stored correctly so that when you need it, the equipment works properly so that you can be competitive and play safely.
This is where renting a self storage unit can be the solution to this problem. Rather than cluttering up your home, storing it off-site in a storage facility that is easily accessible will solve the problem of where to keep your equipment and the many accessories that are essential to participating in sports. Self storage for sports equipment is the solution to the safekeeping of your expensive stuff.
If you partake in any of these sports you are sure to encounter some difficulties as to where to store the equipment and their accessories.
- Cycling (bikes, helmets, cycling gear, bike carriers)
- Skiing and snowboarding (skis, poles, snowboard, and the bulky clothing that goes with it)
- Golfing (golf clubs, bags, shoes, golf cart)
- Canoeing and kayaking (canoe or kayak, oars, trailer)
- Horseback riding (saddles, tack, riding gear)
- Football, cricket, baseball, hockey
- Rock-climbing (ropes, specialist gear)
Self Storage Solutions for Your Sports Equipment
While it is not always practical to store your sports equipment at home you want to keep it in a place that is suitable. So, choose a self storage facility that is close to your home so that it makes it easy to pop in on the way to a game, pick up your gear, and after the game, drop it off.
Most sporting codes are seasonal, so it makes sense to keep the related equipment and accessories in your storage unit for the months that you aren’t using them. It is important to pack these items away carefully to avoid damage that will occur if they are not stored properly.
How To Store Your Sports Equipment
Here are some general tips on the safe storage of your sports equipment.
- After using your bike, golf clubs, or any other equipment inspect it for any problems. If anything needs fixing, get the repairs done quickly. This will prevent further damage to the equipment and maintain its integrity, which is important for your safety.
- Clean your sports equipment before you put it back in storage. This is important because it keeps it in good condition and ready for when you need it. Make sure that everything is properly dry before putting them away. Any moisture can cause damage not only to the specific item but to other items that you may have stored in your unit.
- Don’t store your sports clothing in plastic as it won’t allow air to flow through it. Rather use cloth bags, rucksacks, or sports equipment bags left partially open to allow for airflow. Make sure any clothing is clean and dry before you store it.
- If you store more than one set of sports equipment for different members of your family, keep an inventory of what you have stored. This will allow you to keep track of what you have in your unit.
- Store those items that you are not currently using at the back of your unit, and the items in use at the front near the door. This way you can pick up your stuff quickly when you need it for practice or on match day.
Storing Skiing and other Winter Sports Gear
- Storing your winter sports equipment will need space because there is a lot of it. There is specialized clothing, boots, and goggles, not to mention the other equipment that needs to be kept safely until winter comes around again.Skis will need waxing to prevent them from rusting whilst in storage. They need to be laid flat with nothing packed on top of them. Boots need to be dry before they are stored. Any clothing needs to be clean and dry before being packed away.
Storing Camping Equipment
To make sure that your camping equipment is ready for your next trip it is important to prepare it carefully for storage.
- Clean your tent out thoroughly, and make sure it is completely dry before putting it in storage. Any moisture left behind will result in the growth of mildew and mould and may damage the waterproof coating of your tent beyond repair.
- Shake out sleeping bags and let them air. They can be stored in a loose bag such as a pillowcase or even hung up in your storage unit.
- Clean your utensils such as pots and pans and store them in a plastic storage box.
Why Use Stop & Store Fareham Self Storage for Storing Sports Equipment
Our facility is ideal for storing your sporting equipment. Our units are clean and dry to ensure that your equipment stays in perfect condition until you are ready to use it again.
We know that your sporting equipment is valuable, so you can rest assured that it will be safe in our facility. We offer 24/7 CCTV-monitored coverage.
Our premises are only accessible to those who have their PIN codes.
We offer long-term and short-term storage in units that vary from 12 sq ft to 200 sq ft so there will be a size to suit you whether you need to store golf clubs or all your camping gear and your winter sports equipment.
Our state-of-the-art operating system is simple and smart. Book with our friendly staff and we will send you your individual PIN code which enables you to access your storage unit immediately.
We are located in the Fareham Shopping Centre, in the heart of the town. Stop and Store is open 7 days a week from 8 am to 8 pm.
Tel: 01329 556174