Many may think that self storage is only for those who need to hire a unit for a considerable length of time, but this is not the case at all. Many people do not need storage for years or for even one year. Maybe a few months is all that is required and the flexibility that a facility such as Stop & Store Fareham offers to customers is that they can hire a unit for as short a time as they wish.
Any self storage that is needed for under three months can be considered short term. Short term self storage offers a solution for householders who may be moving to a new home and need to be out of their old home before their new home is available. If you are planning to redecorate your home, short term storage is an ideal place for you to keep precious furniture items that you want kept out of the way of painters and builders and any subsequent damage caused by dust or inadequate protection.
Short term storage also offers storage solutions to those students who need to vacate their digs at the end of their educational year. Instead of moving all their stuff back home which may be at the other end of the country, they can place it in storage over the few months that the university is closed where it will be safe from theft.
Short term storage offers those travelers who are planning that long awaited trip abroad for a single season a safe place to leave their belongings, especially if they need to leave their accommodation vacant for the few months they plan to be away. With the pandemic we have largely been unable to travel freely, but this seems to be changing, so more and more people are able to visit those places that they have been unable to for so long.
Make Short Term Storage Work for You
Whatever the reason you may need a short term storage solution for, once you have decided to rent a unit there are a few matters to take into consideration. Here are some of them.
- Make a list of everything that you wish to place in storage as this will give you an idea of the size of unit you need.
- Decide which size unit you need. Your unit rental is calculated on the square footage of the unit, and you do not wish to pay for a larger unit than you need, so by making use of our handy space calculator you will be able to choose the right sized unit to keep your belongings.
- Decide on how long you will need the unit for. Longer term storage may work out cheaper at some facilities, but if you are not sure as to how long you need storage for, choose a storage provider with flexible month-to-month rentals, where you pay as you go and need not give any notice period when you leave. Our storage facility at Stop & Store Fareham offers you a pro rate so that if you move in the middle of the month you do not pay the full monthly rental.
- Don’t sign up for a longer term than you need as some facilities may not be as flexible as others if you need to break the contract. You may return from your travels sooner than expected, or your new house may become available sooner than expected. Therefore you need to be flexible with your storage dates and you need a storage facility that can be a help rather than a hindrance.
- If you are traveling abroad for a few months make an arrangement with your facility as to how your monthly payments will be made. Check that they are flexible enough to keep your goods for longer than you initially thought if your plans change, and you are away for longer than you anticipated.
Why Choose Stop & Store Fareham
At Stop & Store Fareham we can assist you with your short term storage requirements. Whether you are moving to a new home or setting out on your travels, store your belongings with us and solve your storage problems. A self-storage unit at our facility could offer the perfect solution to any storage problems you may be experiencing.
- It is so easy to apply online for one of our units using our state-of-the-art operating system, and once we receive your payment, we email your individual PIN code which allows you immediate access to your unit.
- The security systems we have in place at our facility are amongst the best in the business, so you can rest assured that your goods will be safe as our facility is protected by monitored CCTV cameras 7 days a week, intruder alarms, and limited access.
- Our units are steel partitioned, lockable rooms and are dry and safe to keep your belongings from being damaged by moisture or pests.
- Hire a unit for any of your short term or long term, business, or personal storage needs. We are very flexible in that there are no contracts to be signed or deposits to be paid. We offer a pro rate if you move your goods in during the month.
- Our units vary in size from 12sq ft to 200sq ft, so whether you need to store something small like a box or two, or larger such as a household of furniture, we have the right sized unit for you.
- Check out the space calculator on our website to help you choose the correct size.
We are conveniently situated in the Thackeray Mall in town.
Address: Thackeray Mall, Unit C (First Floor) 26a, Fareham PO16 0PQ, United Kingdom
Tel: 01329 556174