When you need additional storage for your business it is worth it for you to consider hiring a self storage unit instead of renting warehouse space. It is an affordable alternative and one that is becoming more and more popular. Small business owners such as tradesmen can benefit from utilizing these facilities. Being able to store tools and equipment nearby where you operate from, can save you and your employees time and money by cutting down on travel expenses.
With the growth of services that a storage facility like Stop & Store Fareham offers, such as of top notch security for your goods, using a self storage unit for your ecommerce business is worth considering.
How Self Storage Can Benefit Your Business
If you have previously been running a successful business from home there will come a time when you run out of space to keep your tools, stock, or inventory. Your partner may be fed up that the business is taking over the home and may wish to reclaim the space again. One of the options you will need to consider is whether to rent a warehouse space, or a unit in a self storage facility. Which one of these will offer you more?
- Will you be in a shared warehouse space where security of your goods could be a concern? A huge advantage of your own self storage unit in a good facility is that you can be assured that your tools, packaging, parcels, stock or whatever you decide to store, are safe from theft.
- How would your lease operate? Renting a warehouse often requires signing for a long term lease which may last a year and paying a month’s fees as a deposit. You may also find that there are extra charges and levies for utilities, services, and security which can add considerably to your monthly costs. Renting a self storage unit makes it easier to budget as the costs are fixed from month to month. There are no deposits or long term contracts as you can rent for as short a time as you wish to a few years. There are no extra charges, and this makes business sense as it eliminates a potentially large expense variable.
How to Optimise Your Self Storage Experience
Store your extra stock.
If you have a retail business and you lack storage space, or you need extra space during those times of the year before a winter or summer sale, or over the festive season when you need extra space for seasonal décor and promotional items, you will be aware of how expensive hiring extra retail space is. Hiring a self storage unit is the cost-effective way of keeping this extra stock and inventory safely out of the way and leaving your store uncluttered. It is so convenient. All you have to do is choose how much extra space you need and for how long.
Run your online business from your storage unit.
There has been growth in ecommerce sites, and for good reason, as more and more of us are doing our shopping online. A self storage unit will give you the space to store your items. You will also have space for packing your parcels for dispatch. Use this time more productively to grow your business. As a bonus, you will also have space to store your packaging materials which you can buy in bulk.
Store office equipment and furniture when moving your business.
You may decide to move the operations side of your business to your home office, but you have a problem of where to keep any extra office furniture and equipment which you do not want to permanently dispose of. Renting a self storage unit to keep this excess equipment is the perfect solution to this problem and you can access it any time.
Store tools, machinery, and other equipment.
If you are in the repair business, or if you own a building or a landscaping company, you no doubt own many tools of your trade which you do not necessarily use every day. So, using a self storage unit to store them safely when they are not in use is a solution to this problem. It is a much safer solution than storing them at home in your garage, or even carrying them around with you in your work van. Tools and equipment are expensive, so keeping them secure should be your priority.
Store important documents.
Even in this technical age, there is still paperwork, records and documents that need to be stored. Some professions such as solicitors and accountants are legally required to keep documents for up to 5 years, and these can take up a lot of expensive office space. Keep them safely off site for as long as is required. Stop & Store Fareham offers a wide choice when it comes to choosing the size of the unit that is needed.
Self Storage Unit as an Alternative to Warehousing – Stop & Store Fareham
Stop & Store Fareham offer convenient, flexible, secure, and cost effective storage solutions for your business.
- The security of your belongings is our priority, so our storage facility is fully secured with monitored CCTV and intruder alarms. You can therefore be assured that your belongings will be safe from being stolen.
- Stop & Store Fareham is conveniently situated in the Fareham Shopping Centre, which is the heart of town, and is easily accessible.
- Rentals are available from one month to as long as you need. There are no contracts to be signed and what we quote is what you pay.
- Use our Space Calculator to work out what sized unit you need. Otherwise please contact us for any assistance.
- Booking is easy and once we have receive payment, we send you your PIN code and you can access your unit immediately.
Please contact us on 01329 556174 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.