Space is a limited commodity in many of our homes, and this has become even more real during the pandemic when we have been compelled to stay at home and spend most of our time sharing this space with family members. Many families have had members who had already left the nest to attend university or college and were spending less time at home, now back in the home full time. There is almost a sense of competition between family members for the use of the facilities and space in the home as everyone needs to accommodate each other for peaceful co-existence. Self Storage in Fareham.
With people having to find a workspace or an area for study in the home, the lack of space has become real for many of us, confronting us with the challenge of maximizing the space we already have. Self storage facilities such as Stop & Store Fareham are perfect for solving the problem of running out of storage rooms at home. By offering a cost-effective way of freeing up space at home, self storage has come into its own.
Making Space for an Office
Whether remote working has become a permanent feature in your life, or whether you need space on a temporary basis, having a comfortable, quiet space to carry out your work, communicate with colleagues or customers, uninterrupted, by Zoom or other methods, is important.
Your first priority will be to find this quiet oasis in your home, or to set about creating it. After all, you will most probably not be productive if you try and work from your dining or kitchen table, where you are likely to be constantly interrupted.
- Earmark the quiet space where you want to create your functional workspace. You may have to share it with other people who also need to work from home, but even if you have to share, everyone will need their own workstations. Preferably choose a room with a door that you can close to minimize outside disturbances.
- Your space will need to be decluttered of any items that are not essential to your job. So if you are making use of a spare bedroom for your home office, you will not need the bed, wardrobe, or bedside tables. If you do not have enough storage rooms in your home, these items can be placed in one of our units at Stop & Store Fareham for safekeeping. This will ensure that you have enough room for your desk, chair, any electronic equipment you may need, and office supplies.
- You cannot be productive in a dark, messy room, so place your desk near a window if possible, and keep your workspace clean and tidy.
Create an Ideal Study Area
While studying online is not ideal for everyone, it has unfortunately become a reality for many young people. Colleges and schools have closed down but are fortunately beginning to open up again. Unfortunately, at the first sign of a new wave of infections, rules are changed, and they may close down again. Here are a few ideas for you to follow in order to complete your online studies successfully.
- You will need to create a dedicated study area which is quiet and where you will not be interrupted by the ongoing activities around you. You may still have your own room which has space for your desk, study materials, and electronics. The more decluttered it is, the easier it will be for you to complete your assignments and maintain your grades. If it is an untidy mess it will be very difficult for you to settle into your routine.
- If there are items of furniture that are cluttering up your space that you no longer need, consider putting them in self storage or sell them if you want to get rid of them permanently.
- An established routine will assist with your studies, as well as communicating with fellow students and your teachers.
- Make time for physical activity, eat, and sleep well to keep physically fit and healthy.
- Keep in contact with your friends and make time to see them now the rules are more relaxed. Socializing is good for your mental health.
- If you need to clear out your residence room, a self storage unit could be the ideal place to store your belongings for either short term or long term storage.
This pandemic will not be around forever, and one day we will be able to return to our normal lives.
Why Choose Stop & Store Fareham for Self Storage
At Stop & Store Fareham we can assist you when you need self storage for the personal storage of your belongings. Rather than trying to find storage rooms in your home for your excess belongings, consider how one of our self storage units could solve your storage problems.
- Our storage facility is completely secured and protected by monitored CCTV cameras, intruder alarms, so you can be sure your belongings are safe.
- Our state-of-the-art operating system enables you to apply for a unit online, and once you have paid, we email you your individual PIN code which allows you to access your storage unit immediately. Stop and Store Fareham is open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm.
- Our units vary in size from 12 sq ft to 200 sq ft, and there is a handy space calculator on our website to make it easier for you to select the right size unit. We will be happy to assist you if you have any problems deciding on the correct size storage unit, so please contact us for further information.
- To keep your belongings from being damaged, our units are safe, dry, and controlled for pests.
- We sell packing materials for your convenience, so please enquire about these.
- There are no contracts to sign or deposits to be paid. Our storage units can be hired for short or long term, so we can help you whether you need one for 1 month or a lot longer. Should you move your goods in the middle of a month, you pay a pro-rate.
- Stop & Store Fareham is centrally situated in the Thackeray Mall, in the heart of the town. We are user friendly making the unloading and loading of your goods easy. Our road access is handy.
Address: Thackeray Mall, Unit C (First Floor) 26a, Fareham PO16 0PQ, United Kingdom
Tel: 01329 556174