Once you have made the decision to sell your house, the best for you would be to sell it as quickly as possible for the highest price. The longer it takes to sell, the more stressful the entire exercise becomes. You are stuck as you are unable to get onto the next stage of your life.
There are some tried and tested methods to ensure that this process doesn’t take too much time. You cannot rely only on luck to sell your house. What really counts is that it is presented to potential buyers looking at its best, so it appeals to as many of them as possible.
Bear in mind that potential buyers will notice every flaw and fault in your house as their aim is to get a house for as little as possible. So with this in mind, fix that leaking tap, replace a cracked windowpane, and touch up the paintwork. These are probably DIY jobs that you have been meaning to do for ages but have never got to, so get them done before putting your house on the market.
Once a buyer starts to imagine how their furniture would look in your house, you can be sure that they are seriously considering buying it. It is better that they are not distracted by the number of repairs they would have to undertake and the amount of money they would have to spend.
Get Your House Ready to Sell
To assist with the sale of your house there are a few ways that will present your house in the best possible way to buyers.
- Make sure your house is clean, tidy, and as uncluttered as possible. If your house is advertised as having a dining room, make sure this space looks like one and not like the general dumping site where the family leaves their stuff.
- Making the spaces in your house look well-defined will make it easy for any potential buyers to see how their furniture would fit in the spaces.
- If you use one of your bedrooms as a study or storeroom, consider changing it back to a bedroom as research shows that this will add more value to your home.
- We advise you to rent one of our self-storage units at Stop & Store Grimsby to store any items or furniture that need to be cleared out to ensure that your house is presented at its best by being clutter-free. We are flexible, and you can rent our units from 1 month to as long as you like.
Create the Impression that you have Enough Storage Space
- If you do not have enough storage space and your belongings are cluttering up surfaces in your home, consider packing up items that are not needed to place in storage. Messy surfaces may create the impression that there isn’t enough storage in your home which could put some buyers off.
- Clear surfaces in your kitchen and bathroom will give the impression of more space, and that there is sufficient storage space for everything.
- Pack away seasonal clothing to store in your self-storage unit. After all, overflowing cupboards create an impression that there isn’t enough cupboard space in your house.
Creating the Right Impression with Stop & Store self storage Grimsby
Try to show your house in a way that will allow buyers to imagine themselves in the space, rather than leaving your belongings all over the place making it necessary for them to step over the clutter. The easiest way of doing this is to depersonalize your house, making it a neutral space. Property agents will advise you that these sorts of spaces appeal the most to buyers.
The key rooms to be depersonalized first are those that are most likely to lead to the successful sale of your home. Research has shown that these rooms include the living room, the kitchen, and the main bedroom. Work on these rooms to appeal to as many potential buyers as possible.
How to achieve a depersonalized home:
- If you have any dark accent walls or walls covered in busy wallpaper it is advisable to cover them with a coat of paint in a neutral colour. It will make your room appear brighter and spacious, and besides, the colour or design of wallpaper will not be to everyone’s taste.
- Children’s toys can be very untidy and clutter up a living space. Pack them away to tidy up the space and prevent buyers from being distracted by the mess.
- By removing family photos from walls and surfaces, packing away dust collecting personal collections or evidence of your personal sporting memorabilia or arts and crafts materials, you will present the neutral canvas that will allow buyers to imagine themselves living in your house.
Our storage units at Stop & Store self storage Grimsby offer you a safe and secure place to store your extra belongings when you need to present your house in the best possible way for a quick sale with minimum fuss for the best price.
Stop & Store Grimsby is conveniently situated to service Grimsby, Fareham, and the surrounding areas. There is easy access to the units for convenient loading and off-loading. Our units, which vary in size from 12 sq. ft. to 200 sq. ft., are modern, steel partitioned rooms that are clean, dry, and secure. Make use of our Space Calculator if you are not sure how much space you need for storage or contact us, and we can assist you.
Rentals are available from 1 month to as long as you need. You will not be locked into an expensive contract, and you gain access with your personalized pin.
The storage facility is fully secured with monitored CCTV and intruder alarms. We offer a secure place for your belongings whilst selling your house, or for any business or personal storage. Our self storage units are accessible to you seven days a week and our hours of operation are 8 am to 8 pm for your convenience.
Please contact us at Stop & Store self storage Grimsby on 01472 563120 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.