We are heading into the festive season, and it is a very different looking one from the last one when we were under strict lockdown with restrictions of who we could socialize with, and where we could go. We were not allowed to see family members or friends, couldn’t go out to pubs or restaurants, and were unable to travel freely.
Thankfully the restrictions have been relaxed enough that we are able to organise our Christmas and New Year festivities by socializing with friends and family. It is a chance to enjoy shopping for presents and decorations, to host functions at home, and to invite family and friends over to stay.
This will surely entail some thought as to how to make space for guests. Many of us have been working and studying from home, using the spare bedroom or the dining room as a study or work area. But if you are playing host this festive season, you are going to need a storage solution to pack these items away and make our homes visitor friendly places. To solve this problem, we need to consider self storage units such as the ones that we have available at Stop & Store Fareham. Any items that are in the way of making your home guest ready can be stored, even if you only need a storage unit for a few weeks. This is one of the advantages of hiring a unit at our facility; there is no minimum time you need to hire it for, so you keep it for as long or as short a time as you need it.
Shopping for Christmas presents is fun but keeping them a secret and out of the way of your kids until Christmas day, can become difficult. They seem able to find even the most carefully hidden gift. This can really take the surprise and fun out of gift giving. If you are hiring a storage unit to keep your extra furniture in when you’re making space for your visitors, keep in mind that it makes a perfect place to keep your gifts safe from prying eyes until nearer Christmas.
When you inspect your decorations which have been stored somewhere over the past year and may be looking decidedly worse for wear, remember that storage unit can be useful for storage after Christmas as well. Your decorations, lights, and artificial tree will stay in good shape instead of getting squashed and broken by being stored at home. Not many homes have enough storage to keep seasonal decorations in good shape for an entire year.
Self storage units really come into their own over the holiday and Christmas season and will assist you plan and organise the best Christmas. Now you just have to hope for a white Christmas to really make it special.
There are a few pointers to follow when considering self storage units, not only to store stuff over the festive season, but whatever your reason for storage is, and how to make optimal use of them in order to make your life easier. Whether you are a first time renter or you already use self storage units, these will help you to get the most out of your renting experience.
- Don’t be guided by price alone. Although everyone is price conscious these days, the cheapest isn’t necessarily the best. Important considerations will include what level of security the facility offers. Your belongings are valuable to you, and you do not want to worry about your unit being robbed. Security does not come cheap, so if the facility offers a high level of security, it may cost more.
- If you intend to visit your storage unit often then it will be more convenient for you to find one close to your home.
- Storage units come in different sizes, so it is important to choose the correct size as you do not wish to pay for space that you do not use. Use our handy space calculator to help you calculate the right size.
- Take the time to pack your belongings correctly using strong boxes and lots of wrapping to protect them against damage. Use the correct storage boxes, and don’t pack them to be too heavy to lift. Remember to label your boxes in detail for future reference. Take care when packing your storage unit to maximise your space and also to prevent any breakages by not packing your boxes too high, and by adding some temporary shelving to maximise the space.
- There are some items that are not permitted to be stored in a storage unit. These would include perishables, animals, flammable materials, and illegal substances. Check with your storage facility if you are unsure about anything.
- Don’t share your access or PIN code with anyone unless you trust them, and they need access to your unit.
Why Use Stop & Store Fareham’s Self Storage Units
Our self storage units are designed to make your life easier by offering you long term or short term storage solutions.
- The size of our units range from 12sq ft to 200sq ft, so no matter how much stuff you have to store, we have the size for you. We can even help you with a trolley on moving day to assist with the transfer of your goods to your unit.
- We have invested in the latest technology in terms of our booking system which allows you to book and pay online from your mobile or your laptop. Once you receive your individual PIN, you can immediately move your goods in.
- There are no long term leases or deposits to be paid.
- One of the top priorities of our customers is security of their goods. Our state of the art technology provides 24 hour CCTV surveillance, and intruder alarms. So you can rest assured that your goods are safe and secure.
- Our storage facility is situated in the Fareham Shopping Centre, which makes for easy access.
Please contact us on Tel: 01329 556174 or book online.