The small business that you have put many hours of work into is beginning to succeed. You may need to hire more staff to cope with the extra sales, and there is no longer space at your current facility to accommodate stock, inventory, or supplies. So, the next step is for you to look for a solution to the problem of where to store these items. There are many challenges a growing business faces and a lack of storage space is one of them.
But if you decide on renting costly office or retail space to solve your storage problem this will incur extra expenses that will negatively impact your cash flow. These costs can be overwhelming, so you, the business owner, need to consider alternatives to expensive commercial property. Renting a storage unit instead is the answer, especially if your small business is just starting to grow. You may only need space for your extra stock, tools, or extra office equipment, documents, and files so a self storage unit in a well-managed facility would be perfect for you.
Here are some of the ways self storage can help with business expansion
Business expansion is a goal for all small business owners. This results in increased revenue and expanding your customer base, but it can also present some challenges such as finding enough space to store the extra stock, inventory, and equipment that comes with business growth. Self storage can be a valuable resource for businesses looking to expand their operations.
Renting a self storage unit at an affordable price to store those items that are necessary for your business expansion, sounds like a win for any business owner.
- It will save you money because renting a self storage unit is cheaper than renting or buying extra commercial space to expand your business. You do not have to commit to a long-term lease and pay a hefty deposit as you would if you moved into a commercial space. Rather put these resources towards other expansion initiatives such as acquiring more stock.You will save on utility bills, maintenance costs, and security fees as these are built into the cost of your unit rental. It is easy to upgrade to a larger unit or downsize to a smaller one thus allowing you to scale your storage requirements to your business growth.
- Protect your assets while they are in storage. Choosing a self storage facility with a superior security system consisting of monitored CCTV, and alarms, and using your lock and key will safeguard your goods against theft. Effective access control using limiting who can enter the storage facility is an added layer of security that a reputable facility will offer.
- Manage your business inventory efficiently. This is crucial for business expansion. Keep your inventory and stock organized and easily accessible to allow for efficient stock rotation. This will enhance your operation and guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Remove excess inventory, equipment, and materials from your workspace and store these in your self storage unit. This will improve the flow of work and create a more productive environment for your staff. A cluttered workspace makes it difficult for your employees to be productive.
- Businesses generate a large amount of paperwork and documentation over time despite digitisation. This paperwork needs to be stored for long periods in case of queries from tax officials or banks. Organize and store your important documents in a storage unit instead of allowing them to clutter up your office space.
- If your business is growing you may need to hire more staff and add new workstations. This means finding a place to store office furniture and equipment while you renovate your office. Self storage is the ideal place to keep these items during renovations.
- Many small businesses are run from home, and if your business grows quickly you may soon find that your work dominates your entire home to the detriment of your family. Rather than trying to fit everything work-related into your home, keep your work-home life balanced by renting a self storage unit nearby. Your stock will be easily accessible without cluttering up your home.
- Does your business offer seasonal items? If you have a retail outlet that sells clothing and items for summer, for example, but you need to buy the stock for the following season. This stock must be kept somewhere safe until it is needed on the shelves. Renting a self storage unit near to your shop will allow you to keep these goods safe at an affordable price, and they will be accessible as soon as you need them.
Running your own business can be risky, and as a business owner, you need to take full advantage of any opportunity to reduce expenditure and cut operating costs to make profits. Making use of a self storage unit is one of the ways of solving what could potentially be a costly problem of where to keep your materials.
How Can Stop & Store Fareham Assist Business Owners for Business Expansion?
As has been shown, self storage is a flexible and affordable solution that allows business owners for business expansion by providing the facility to rent extra space and expand business without committing to long-term leases or expensive overheads.
Here are the services we offer so you can focus on growing and expanding your business.
- Excellent security includes CCTV monitored 24/7, alarms, a well-lit perimeter, and the facility is fenced.
- Once you have booked and paid for your unit, we send you your PIN. You have immediate access to begin using it.
- We offer a wide variety of sizes from 12 sq ft to 200 sq ft, so one will suit your needs. Speak to one of our friendly agents if you are not sure which size to choose. Our units are safe, dry, and pest controlled to keep your goods free from damage.
- We can help you whether you need storage space for one month or much longer. There are no hidden costs as all utility costs are included in your rental.
- So, when you need an easy storage solution to some of the storage problems you may encounter at your business, try Stop & Store Fareham.
- We are open 7 days a week, from 8 am to 8 pm.
- Please check our website for customer feedback.
We are located in the center of town in the Fareham Shopping Centre, which makes it an ideal location to store your business items. You will have easy access to load and offload your goods.
Tel: 01329 556174. Please contact us if you need more information.