Renovating your home? Undertaking a home renovation is exciting, but it will disrupt your home life and can be a source of stress. This is why you will need all the help you can get with managing a home renovation.
One of the sources of your stress will be the question of what to do with your furniture and other belongings while your home is being renovated.
Using self storage during a home renovation will ensure that your precious belongings are safely out of harm’s way during the time that your renovations are underway. Your home will be a construction site for a while, so keeping organized is essential for a successful renovation.
How Self Storage Will Help Manage Your Home Renovation
- De-cluttering the construction site. One of the biggest challenges of a renovation is that of keeping the construction site clear of clutter. There is a lot going on during construction. Workers need to move their tools and equipment in, and the building materials need to be put somewhere. Construction rubble builds up and needs to be moved off-site. So, take it for a given that there will be a lot of clutter lying around.There is a potential danger here where workers could trip and fall over the clutter if it gets in the way of their work. So, by clearing up the site and keeping it clear, the workers can get on with their tasks without worrying about clutter getting in their way.Moving your belongings out to a self storage unit will solve the problem of managing the construction space. This will keep the construction site safe and organised allowing the workers to perform their tasks efficiently. Your possessions will be safely out of the way for the duration of the renovation.
- Manage your space. During a renovation, space at home will become cramped. If you are working on multiple rooms at once, you may need to move out of your home temporarily. By moving your belongings into a storage unit, you will free up that extra space at home that is needed by the construction team. This extra storage space that you gain by hiring a self storage unit will make the renovating process run smoothly and more efficiently.
- Protect your belongings from dust and debris. Leaving your furniture in the rooms that are being renovated will add to the clutter. It will get in the way of the contractors and will be in great danger of being damaged, dented, and scratched.Furthermore, renovations normally involve breaking down walls and removing ceilings which tend to cause a great deal of dust and debris. Your belongings will be covered in dust, even if you try and protect them with dust sheets. This is another reason why moving them to a self storage unit will make sure that your furnishings escape unscathed and will be in perfect condition when you take them out of storage after your renovation.
- Another benefit of using self storage during a renovation is that you do not have to rely on the goodwill of family, friends, or neighbours to store your belongings. Renovations don’t always finish in the allotted time so by using a self storage facility to keep your belongings instead of relying on the goodwill of others you can just extend the lease on your unit if your builder is unable to meet the deadlines. This way you keep your friendly relationships intact by not imposing on anyone.
- Prepare for the unexpected when renovating. You may encounter a plumbing or an electrical problem that could cause flooding or even a fire. Either way, your belongings may be extensively damaged. Storing them in a self storage unit would mean avoiding the risk of this kind of damage to your belongings.
Preparing for Your Renovation – Packing Up Your Belongings
A home renovation is a huge undertaking that needs careful planning and a high level of organisational skills. But whatever the size of the renovation, it is important to consider what is going to happen to your belongings. These will need to be removed from this space for the work to be carried out. Renting a self storage unit is the solution as to where to keep these items in the weeks or months that you expect the renovation to last.
If you are renovating a few rooms, you can set up an alternative space in your home for your family to carry on with their normal daily activities. This would entail setting up a space for a temporary kitchen, a place to watch TV, and a space for sleeping. But if you are undertaking a renovation that involves most of your home, it may require that your family move out for a few months while the building is underway.
It is important to pack your items up carefully for storage even if it is only for a short time. You don’t want your valuable things to get damaged. Furniture needs to be carefully wrapped in blankets. Kitchen items like fridges and washing machines need to be drained and cleaned, with their cords fastened securely. Use bubble wrap when packing to make sure your breakables are safe.
Stop & Store Fareham
When undertaking a home renovation, renting a self storage unit at our facility will keep your belongings safely out of the way.
Here are some of the ways we can help you manage the storage part of your renovation project and keep it as stress-free as possible:
- The security of your goods should be your top priority. It is ours. To make sure that your goods are safe we have 24-hour monitored CCTV, a fully fenced perimeter, with limited access and our premises are well lit.
- We don’t tie you into long contracts so whether you need long-term or short-term storage, we can assist you. If you need to extend your contract, we can assist you with minimum fuss.
- Our storage units vary in size, so whether you need to store a few things or your entire household of furniture you are sure to find the right-sized one to suit you.
- Enquire about the specials that we have on offer on certain sized units at our facility.
- Please read the reviews left by our customers on our website.
- Please contact us on 01329 556174 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Enquire Now
- Website: www.stopandstore.co.uk