Most of us love to collect stuff, whether it is clothes, shoes, certain types of ornaments, paintings, vinyl records, souvenirs – in fact, think of anything and however outlandish it seems, there is sure to be someone who collects it. Collections may consist of expensive limited editions or works of art and can be valuable. Or a collection could consist of items that we love and that are meaningful to us.
Collections tend to grow in numbers and therefore in the amount of space that is needed to keep them and show them off to perfection. Some collections are practical and consist of items we use every day. However, when your collection starts to take over spaces in your home and you have difficulty in getting rid of any of these items, then you may be in danger of becoming a hoarder.
When does Clutter Become a Problem?
Most of us have items that we have collected over the years, and we are proud to display them. Putting them out for everyone to see makes our house into a home when they are displayed in an attractive manner. A hoarder’s collection unfortunately is disorganised with no structure, and this is when it becomes a problem. This is the difference between hoarding and collecting – collectors display their stuff in an organised manner, but for a hoarder on the other hand, there is no definition to their collections. They take over their living areas which tend to become a chaotic mess.
How can Self Storage Help?
Unfortunately, the tendency to hoard impacts on those around the hoarder, such as a partner or other family members. Items can clutter every room of the home and cause hygienic problems. It is difficult to clean the house properly and if the buildup of stuff gets really out of hand, can even result in pest infestation. But with the correct self storage solution, this problem can be solved. The valued items can be packed away in a self storage unit which will get them out of the home and make up some space to make life easier for everyone.
Our homes can only store a certain amount of stuff before they start to appear cluttered. Using a self storage facility to keep our excess belongings means that we do not have to throw anything away. We can pack them away, access them when we need to, and keep our home clutter free. This is how by using a self storage facility we can fulfill our desire to live the dream life in a clutter free, tidy home – in fact the kinds of homes we see featured on TV or social media!
What Can You Store in Your Self Storage Unit?
There are so many items that you can store in your self storage unit, so anything that is not in use in your home can definitely be put on your list. The advantage of self storage is that you do not have to throw anything out because you can pack it up and place it in storage. You can access it when you need to, so you can clear out anything that is cluttering up your home, put it in your storage unit, and enjoy a clutter free home.
- Seasonal items such as camping gear, sports equipment, and even your kayak and bike. These items take up so much space when you try to store them at home, so a self storage unit is ideal to keep them safely until you need them next summer.
- Any seasonal clothes that are cluttering up your cupboards, including shoes and boots, can be kept in your self storage unit. Heavy coats, and bulky sweaters are difficult to store during the off season, so instead of filling up your cupboards with these items that you will not need for a few months, pack them up and place them in your storage unit.
- Household goods such as furniture, electrical equipment you are not using, and any other goods that are not in use can be packed up and placed in your storage unit.
- Toys and baby clothes that your children have grown out of often clutter up a home, but you may not wish to get rid of them permanently because you need them for the next child, so pack them up and store them in your self storage unit until you need them again.
- Any equipment or tools that relate to your occupation. These expensive items pose a problem when they need to be stored, and it is not always ideal to keep them at home or even stored in the garage – there is always the possibility that they will be stolen or misplaced. A self storage unit or room is the ideal place for them. You will be able to access them as you need them and be sure that they are secure at the same time,
Use Stop & Store Fareham
At Stop & Store Fareham we offer a solution for when you need to store your collections. But we can also help when your need to declutter your home.
- We take care of the security to offer you peace of mind. Our facility is fully secured with monitored CCTV and intruder alarms 24/7. Access is strictly controlled so you can rest assured that no one else can access your unit.
- It is simple to book one of our units and can be completed online, once we have received your payment, we will send you your individual PIN code. Once you have this, you can access your unit and start storing your stuff immediately.
- Our units vary in size from 12 sq ft to 200 sq ft, so you are sure to find the right sized unit for your needs. They are dry, pest controlled and ideal for the purpose of storing your belongings.
- There are no contracts to be signed or deposits to be paid. There are no hidden charges; your monthly fee is what you pay.
- Whether you need short term storage or long term, we can help you. If you move your belongings in the middle of a month, you pay a pro rate.
- So, when you need an easy storage solution to store your household goods, try Stop & Store Fareham. We will keep your belongings safely and securely.
- We are open 7 days a week, from 8am to 8pm.
- Please check our website for some genuine feedback from our customers.
We are conveniently located in the Fareham Shopping Centre, in the heart of the town. We offer easy access for you to load and unload your goods.
Tel: 01329 556174.