As online businesses have grown by 35% last year in a stagnant market, we have seen many of them using self-storage facilities as a warehouse to hold and distribute their stock. The great thing about self- storage for the stock and distribution side of your online business is the flexibility it offers.
When starting out and you are looking for the ghastly alternatives of having to clear out your garage or taking a lease for a year in a landlord’s building, the no-brainer is self-storage. As we will see it’s the smart thing to do, because if it doesn’t take off (although we shouldn’t think that way) or if it grows (hopefully that’s the way it’ll go), the way self-storage is structured will accommodate a business owner without it costing him any sleep or money.
And let’s face it without storage and distribution efficiency your business won’t be competitive.
Typically, an online business takes customers’ money when they place the order. So, to make sure your customers are satisfied, it makes sense to deliver to them in double quick time. That means stock must be ready for collection, and the courier gets it to the customer the next day.
When using a self-storage facility such as Stop & Store Runcorn, you are assured of a safe and effective solution to your storage and distribution part of the business. Keeping merchandise and getting it to your customer needs to be safe, cost effective and convenient. We will see what that means in detail in relation to an online business, and we will show you why a self-storage unit is your best option.
What Sort of Commercial Customers Use Self-Storage?
- The huge adoption of self-storage for online stock and distribution is a phenomenon that’s likely to continue for a long while.
- Receive, store, pick and pack orders daily for shipping to your customers. Use the likes of Amazon and eBay as marketing channels and keep your overheads low to maximize your profits by choosing to operate from a low-cost storage unit instead of traditional high-cost methods.
- Self-storage is a popular option for the storage of official documents company documents. With the requirement to hold them for at least six years, company documents can be cost effectively put into self-storage instead of taking up expensive office space.
- Office and warehouse space being as expensive as it is, is no match for storage in a self-storage unit. Save your money by downsizing into a smaller office and pay less for rental, insurance, and utilities.
- Have a national footprint with only one self-storage distribution center. As customers get used to the idea of buying online, they don’t care where the stock is or where it comes from. If you have an efficient courier, you are in business and with it, happy customers.
- If you already are in a retail environment and have self-storage nearby, follow the lead business owners that use them to hold their stock in a self- storage unit near to their business. They have been able to reduce the burden of high rent by downsizing at retail level and using the cheaper option and convenience of secure storage nearby as Shop & Store Runcorn is conveniently positioned for this purpose.
- Self-storage is particularly useful for entrepreneurs and tradesmen who are one man or small businesses. Work tools and equipment as well as parts for repairs or installations can be securely kept in an orderly fashion in a self-storage unit.
Being organized in a storage unit is easy to do. The three sides of the unit are ideal for shelves and usually, the height also gives good stacking space. Interlocking shelving is best, against the wall and locking into the corners of the unit. While occupiers can’t drill into the walls, there are enough designs of free-standing shelving that could work for you. There is usually sufficient space to put a table down the centre of the unit to work on. As the business expands some entrepreneurs take the unit next door and separate the storage part for the operational aspect, working in one unit and keeping stock in the other.
Stop & Store Runcorn: The Obvious Solution
Our self-storage facility is well situated in Runcorn for convenient use to store and distribute your business stock.
- Signing up for a self-storage unit is easy and can be done remotely. Through our CCTV system, we can link you up virtually to facilitate viewing online.
- Signing up and payment is also done online. When you have booked and paid, you are given an access pin number to your unit. This allows you entry from 8 am to 8 pm, 7 days a week.
- There is no contract and just 2 weeks’ notice is required when you decide to vacate. This means that you are there and pay on a month-to-month basis.
- We even assist you if you join during the month and charge you a prorate.
- Take a lease for one month and stay for as long as you need to.
- You don’t have to tie up any money in a hefty deposit either, a bonus for your cash flow.
- We always try to make self-storage cost-effective and sometimes offer deals on our website see www.stopandstore.co.uk for any offers.
- Safety is our primary concern. This is guaranteed by means of our up-to-date security systems, and 24/7 monitored CCTV and intruder alarms.
- Unit sizes vary from small to large and you can upsize and downsize as and when you need to. This is great for start-ups or even expanding businesses.
- Most importantly, the storage units are completely free of moisture and pests. This is an essential requirement for good storage conditions.
- Our central location near retail outlets is an advantage for those businesses who want to use our units as a convenient place for storing excess stock.
- We offer low-cost storage for households, businesses, and students in Runcorn and the surrounding areas.
Please contact us at Runcorn for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.
Monday to Sunday,
8:00am – 8:00pm
205 Halton Link Rd, Runcorn, WA7 2EU